2015 Strategic Planning
On the morning of February 6, 2015, twenty-three N.C. Cooperative Extension specialists gathered together at the NC State University Brickhaven Building to discuss the future of the NC Association of Cooperative Extension Specialists (NCACES).
The attendees represented a diversity of departments and included representation from NC State University and NC A&T State University. Attendees had varying lengths of time associated with the organization.
Facilitated by Donna Rewalt, this group of NCACES representatives provided input on the following five topics:
- What value does NCACES provide for its members?
- What role should NCACES play in the future?
- What topics should NCACES address?
- What do we want to be known for?
- What can NCACES do to become more relevant and impactful?
The group was then asked to prioritize the topics. Highest ranking priorities for NCACES as identified by those in attendance were:
- Focus Majority of Energy of the Association on Development of Tangible Benefits (to be more relevant/impactful)
- Mentoring / Professional Development (role of the organization)
- Advocacy for Extension Professionals (role of the organization)
- Collaboration (topics to address)
- Excellence / Professionalism (known for)
- Collaboration (value provided to members)
- Collaboration within Extension + with other departments (known for)
- Networking (value provided to members)
- Scholarship (topics to address)
- Specialist Efficiency, Tools, Etc. (topics to address)
- Support of Audiences (known for)
The full summary report from the meeting is available here. This summary is strictly a compilation of ideas and suggestions given during the strategic planning meeting. We recognize that relevancy of the information is determined by who is in the room as well as by who is not in the room. Action steps will be recommended to the association members at large based on final review by the Officers and Executive Committee members.